We are hiring!
We are looking for a chess instructor for our after-school program at an elementary school in Folsom-Cordova School District - We follow the school calendar for our working days. We’ll provide you in-house training, lesson plans and materials. You will teach the prescribed syllabus and perform some classroom activities like taking attendance.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to get your hands wet with the school system, and develop contacts within school administration
1. Knowing the rules of chess is a huge plus
2. Must have access to computer with internet
3. High school degree (advanced degrees preferred)
4. Must be fun and very highly energetic to work with
5. One+ years of experience handling groups of students
6. Have a reliable means of transportation (your own car)
7. Must pass background and medical checks required to work in
a school setting. No exceptions here
Compensation: $10-$16 per hour
Timings: Part-time, 6-9 hours per week (1:30-4:30 PM)
Location: Folsom Cordova Unified School District